Upcoming & Current Activities
Dr. Nelson has presented, nationally and internationally, on volunteers, the third sector and health care several times in the past. She has been invited by multiple organizations to share her work, and she looks forward to continuing make connections and learn what other scholars are working on both in Canada and globally.
Past presentations include:
1) Volunteers Engaged to Enhance Reintegration: Supporting independence and well being post hospital discharge: partnering with volunteers and the third sector (webinar) for the International Foundation for Integrated Care - Online (2019)
2) Collaboration as a strategy to manage patient complexity in rehabilitation at the World Stroke Congress - Montreal, Canada (2018)
3) DASH – Discharge Advocacy and Support at Home at the World Health Organization Global Consultation on Integrated Care for Older Adults - Berlin, Germany (2017)
4) Social Currency of Hospital Volunteerism at the Bridgepoint Innovation Forum - Toronto, Canada (2014)
5) Volunteers as a (Hidden) Health Human Resource at Northumberland Hills Hospital - Cobourg, Canada (2014)
In addition to these presentations Dr. Nelson has been featured in the media discussing her work and sharing her thoughts on the voluntary sector collaborating with the health care sector. Her interview with Dr. Ross Upshur on the podcast Conversations in Complexity was released in September 2018 where she discusses intra- and inter-sectoral collaboration in health care.